Thursday, March 18, 2010

Animals by Joshua Chavira

This is my nephew Joshua's first drawing on canvas.

When Joshua comes over to visit the first two things he does is one look to see if there are candies where I usually store the sweet stuff, and two, walks straight over to where I keep my marker collection. After grabbing his markers of choice, he then asks for paper to draw on only this time Auntie Gloria handed him a canvas for experimentation. While his art may look like scribbles to any ordinary person, it is actually the exact opposite. Here he used his unique mind, left hand, and big heart to draw all the animals he loves. When asked who he was going to give this beautiful picture to he said, "to you tia." Slowly he is decorating my apartment and I love collecting his pieces.

1 comment:

~AMY said...

He's the next Pollock!